Well here goes...... This is my first blog post for Chef LP Healthy Meals! So my plan is to post tips, recipes & other little interesting tid-bits as frequently as I can. My name is Lesley Palmer (aka Chef LP) & I am a chef! I am a southern gal - born & raised in Atlanta, Georgia.
I currently specialize in healthy, well-balanced meals, and I often cook gluten free for myself & my husband too! I run a homemade meal delivery service called Chef LP Healthy Meals, so I am constantly looking out for fresh and tasty recipes that are good for you, too.
In addition to the blog here, I will be sharing alot of this tasty stuff on Facebook (search: Chef LP Healthy Meals) and Twitter (@lesleypalmer).
To kick things off with a bang, here is a really easy, and equally delicious recipe which is also caters to your healthy side:
Whole Roaster Chicken - 2lbs
Lemon Juice - 1 cup
Olive Oil - 1/2 cup
Dried Oregano - 2 tsps
Red Wine Vinegar - 2 Tbs
Minced Garlic - 1 Tbs
Salt & Pepper To Taste
1. First you need to cut the chicken into halves & then into quarters.
2. Line a sheet pan with foil & set aside. In the mean time turn on the broiler to high.
3. Season both sides of the each piece of chicken with salt/pepper & then place skin side down on the baking sheet.
4. Place in the oven under the broiler for 6-8 minutes on each side. (your goal here is to get the skin side of the chicken charred)
5. When this is done, remove the chicken from the oven, cut all of the chicken into smaller pieces & place into a oven safe pan skin side down.
6. Mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, dried oregano, red wine vinegar, garlic & salt/pepper.
7. Pour the lemon mixture all over the chicken & return to the oven for 2-3 minutes - then flip the chicken and return to the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes
8. Remove from the oven & enjoy! It is so tender & has such a great lemon flavor that you will want it again & again. Plus any leftovers will be great for salads or sandwiches.